Sexy. Gritty. Raw. Glam. Romantic. I listened to a lot of music to set the tone while I was writing Heavy Metal Heart. There’s usually music playing while I write, but the Demon Rock world needed a specific soundtrack to create the place, the action, and to drive the characters through the paranormal madness into each other’s arms.
Here’s some of what was on the playlist:
- The Doors (“Peace Frog” is one of my favorites)
- Deep Purple (There’s nothing like the driving power of “Burn”)
- Motörhead (Anything of theirs worked for the action scenes)
- Eagles of Death Metal (Their Death By Sexy album is killer, start to finish)
- Scorpions (From the rocking “Bad for Good” to the haunting ballad “Still Loving You”, they covered a wide range of emotions within the book)
And here’s a link to a Songza playlist that always had something unexpected
–Dark Side of the Summer of Love
When I wrote about the music in the book, I described the tone and feeling, but made sure not to be too specific in relation to other bands. That way, you, the reader, can make the songs fit what you like best.
So what were you listening to when you were reading? Any specific bands or songs or radio stations? Or, if you haven’t read it yet: what music would you plan on having on while reading a paranormal rock and roll romance about demon rockers and their Muses? Let me know in the comments and I’ll pick one random person (US addresses only) to win these:
Can’t wait to hear what music inspires you, so let’s get the conversation started…